10 March 2008

Some knitting things I've made

I've been taking photos of things I've done throughout the last year. I got into knitting and started making things, always without pattern. Until I was brave enough to buy one and make a scarf for my brother (funny enough, haven't got a pic of that one). Anyway, these are some of the things I've made. Knitting is so much fun! I got many ideas but not enough hands and time for all of them!!

A bracelent I made for Mari-san
(she's got magic hands sewing and makes the most beautiful things,
with great choice of fabrics - most of them from Japan)

A bag for my childhood friend Sakura-chan
(from Japan but living in Barcelona for a bit,
we went to visit her and her husband last year)

Bag for my friend Sophie, in Sydney
(she made me my first hand-made knitted scarf!!)


Bag for my friend Amal in Sydney,
also a very creative buddy!

Bracelet for Carly, it's all on the buttons baby!

This was going to be a scarf, but the wool (donated by Bev- Anthony's mum) was bit rough to put around your neck, so I made it into a bag.

the lining has been made with the shirt that Anthony wore on our first date :-)
I love the contrast with the bright green ceramic buttons

I made this bag with some left over whool I had, similar to Amal's one

It is the first bag I've made with lining

Tissue holder made for Bev. Bev patiently taught me many tricks for knitting and also showed me how to use the sewing maching for the first time too when we were visiting in NZ.

1 comment:

maya said...

Lovely photos, you have captured the color, textures and shapes very well. The buttoms are great, some of them are work of art. Do you know the vintage buttom shop on Marylebone Lane, if not pay them a visit is pure heaven.