5 March 2010

Felt mobile

Hello back! I've been absent for a while since I'm currently in New Zealand trying to settle here and I haven't got all my tools and material.

However, I couldn't stand it anymore!! I needed to do something creative and with the excuse of having to buy a gift for a newborn that I haven't met yet (well, she is already 5 months), I decided to make a mobile (I think that's how you spell mobile? ). Of course, things never come out as you planned and lack of time simplified my original idea.

Lauren & Ngaio

Ngaio is a cute wee baby, daughter of our good friend Lauren. And apparently she is already playing with the bells. The long stick can sit comfortably in the cot so it doesn't need to be attached. The bells and buttons are super-duper sawn in so that Ngaio doesn't choke with them.


You can see the original materials I was going to use in this picture. In the end I didn't use the fabric because felt is just faster to work with. I can save that for another time. I was lucky I found this great bag of buttons that I will be able to use in so many projects!!

(click to enlarge)

I hope you like the final result, the photos don't make justice to the vivid colours of the felt... seems like the camera, when having red (the big N) measures weirdly.
(detail view)

It's been a fun project :-) I'm already thinking on what next!

1 comment:

Matilde said...

Como me gusta esta original idea para un letrero. Te ha quedado perfecto
Enhorabuena
El bebé es precioso
Matilde