30 March 2010

Bag and some other bits and pieces

(see my fabric combinations)

I have finally invested in a few cheap remnants (some as little as $2!!) to get back into making bags. I have plans to make a few but this is the first one I finished. I have got the fabric already cut for another 6. And I've finally bought eyelets and cool buttons to give them a better finished look. It is so exciting!!

This bag matches the grass and landscape of NZ, all in green tones
(hard to capture with the camera)


I decided that I should add some embroidery to some of the bags, this is my first embroidery piece, hopefully it will come out alright!!

Reorganising Bev's sewing boxes I found these gorgeous vintage needle sets which she got when she was a kid. I thought they were the coolest thing, esp the cowboys one (despite it being very boy-ish), with the 3D effect!!

This is just to make you jealous, I named it the "Chocolate Bomb", sooo yummy! with marzipan, which is something I don't usually like but it worked well here. Bev got it for me, no wonder I gained weight!! (Had my health check done and I'm 3 kg overweight, oops!)


No comments: